Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New York high school students have phones, iPods stolen from storage truck - myfoxny.com

Source: New York Post

NEW YORK -- Hundreds of New York high school students lost their cell phones and iPods after three armed robbers stole the gadgets from a storage truck.

The kids, who paid $1 a day to use the ironically-named Safe Mobile Storage because electronic devices were banned from school, scrambled out of Christopher Columbus High School in a panic when word of the heist spread.

Brandon Solas, 18, stood next to the truck at the school in The Bronx.

He said, "They took my iPhone and my iPod Touch. My mom is going to clap me -- she's going to kick my ass!"

He said the thieves swiped iPhones, iPod Touches and BlackBerrys during the brazen robbery.

Another student, Miriam Hernandez, wept hysterically in her boyfriend's arms.

The 15-year-old said, "That iPhone had everything -- pictures of my boyfriend, my niece, my family's videos -- everything. I just got that iPhone and just put all that on there. And it looks like I'm not getting another one!"

The robbers drove up to the truck in a silver Honda Civic. Two knocked on the rear door of the converted U-Haul van, and when workers opened it, they held a gun to the female employee's head.

Owner Harold Richardson said, "They threw them on the floor, tied them up with red [duct] tape, took the phones and the money. A couple of hundred phones were taken ... no idea on the cash yet, we have to do inventory. Thank God they didn't hurt them -- everyone's OK."

Richardson, whose insurance covers the loss of the phones, said that until several months ago, he had parked his truck directly in front of the school but moved when "the school asked us."

Read More: New York high school students have phones, iPods stolen from storage truck

No comments:

Post a Comment