Monday, April 30, 2012

Cristina Ocrainiciuc: May Teen of the Month - Canton Repository

CRISTINA OCRAINICIUC

Hoover High School

Senior

Age 18

4.565 GPA

Parents  Honore and Liliana Ocrainiciuc

CRISTINA’S FAVORITES

Teachers  Mr. Woods, Mr. Draher, Mr. Kreis, Miss Rostedt, Mrs. Leckie-Ewing, Mrs. Green, Mrs. Sowd, Miss Walker and Mr. Bunnenberg

Book  “Deception Point” by Dan Brown and “The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins

Restaurant  Li Asian Cuisine

Hobby  Tennis

What’s in your iPod or MP3 player?  Fun., Maroon 5, Kelly Clarkson, Adele, The Wanted, Vampire Weekend, Gavin DeGraw

CRISTINA’S SCHOOL ACTIVITIES  German club (served as president, treasurer and secretary), class officer (vice president and secretary), Academic Challenge (co-captain), National Honor Society, math club, freshman mentor, in the school’s gifted/talented program, President’s Council, tennis (captain), improv club, ballroom dance club, speaks three languages.

CRISTINA’S COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES  Church choir, youth group (vice president with over 350 hours of service a year), AGAPE Girls, food pantry volunteer, A Community Christmas volunteer, nursing home caroling, recreational volleyball.

CRISTINA’S HONORS AND AWARDS  Academic letter, honor roll (all years), National Forensics League (grades 9 and 11), AP Scholar with Honor (grade 11), Academic Challenge letter, Summa Cum Laude honoree.

Who would you like to spend a day with and why?  I would love to spend the day with Kate Middleton. It would be amazing to hear how she has had the ability to positively impact the lives, as well as to inquire about goals she has now that she is such a powerful advocate of the people. Also, it would be awesome to get wedding dress tips!

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  I definitely see myself being a medical professional. Everything in that field grabs my attention, so it will be fun to find out where exactly I end up in it. I also hope to get married and start a family. Then continue my education throughout my life, for being a lifelong learner is a passion that North Canton City Schools has instilled in me over the years!

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?  I would love to travel to Greece. The culture and the beauty of the country is undeniable, and the rich history only attracts me more. I would also like to venture back to Romania, for that is where I was born and lived for the first seven years of my life! It would be great to go back and see my family. Aside from that, I would love to visit everywhere. Traveling and discovering the world, I feel, is a great way to discover how you can best influence the world.

How has your high school changed since your freshman year?  I feel that through the acquisition of new clubs over the years, we are more able to get a variety of people involved in school activities. From math club to classic cartoon club, we are able to include individuals that before did not have interest in any clubs. It has been a great way to get people involved and show them just how great Hoover High School is.

What advice would you give the freshmen?  I would say, do not be afraid to ask questions. At first, they are reluctant for they do not want to make themselves stand out so early in the game. But, the truth is, the only way to make yourself a better scholar and person is by inquiring about the world around you and being determined to learn from it.

Who has been the most influential in your life and why?  My mother has definitely been the most influential person in my life. From teaching me correct posture, to helping me learn about the world. She has helped me blossom from a shy girl to a confident young lady, unafraid to speak my mind. She has always been there for me, and I know that she will be there for every big moment in my life. She is my mother, but also my best friend!

What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?  You must live in the moment, but not forget that the future is there. To live life to the fullest, you must live in the moment and enjoy life, but you must know that there is a future that you must prepare for.

What is the biggest issue facing teens today?  I feel that they don’t see how much of an impact they can have on their communities. By volunteering and providing their time they can help the lives of hundreds. They need to see how influential they are, get out there, and be a positive force in the world.

In a world of TMZ and YouTube, do you think the public has been too intrusive in the life of public figures? Why or why not?  Once you’ve reached a certain milestone of fame, you have to expect the lack of privacy. You will be someone who is always in the public eye, but this is what they signed up for. But, they need to notice that, and turn it in a positive manner. They need to become active role models for today’s young children, and see that their impact can be great, as long as they allow it to be.

Where is your favorite happening in Stark County?  Cafe Gelato and the library. Both are great places to just sit down, and enjoy studying. Being in a relaxed environment can really make the difference.

If you were issued one do-over from the past four years, what would it be?  I don’t think I would change a thing! These last four years have been amazing, and if anything, I would just want to relive them.

Who would be your Hollywood best friend?  Jennifer Lawrence. She is outgoing, speaks her mind and is 100 percent honest. She would be my perfect best friend.

Who plays you in a movie of your life?  Reese Witherspoon would be the first person I would call. She shows how you can have a family, and still be a successful person. She has great balance in her life, and that is what I strive to have as well.

Favorite TV shows?  “Grey’s Anatomy,” “The Voice” and “Say Yes to the Dress”

Favorite movies?  “The Prince and Me,” “The Lizzie McGuire Movie,” “Forrest Gump,” “Inception,” “Limitless,” I really love movies. I could go on forever!

Person you’d least like to be stranded on an island with?  I would take anyone. It’s easy for me to get along with people and being alone would be much scarier.

MTV, Food Network, Travel Channel or History Channel?  Travel Channel.

Food you’d never eat?  Eel. My friends tried to get me to try it once. Not happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment